Check out all things CCP in DC Warrior Daily in the High School Community Page under topics.
Important Dates for Students between February 15 and April 1, 2018 (for participation during the 2018-2019 school year)
- Talk with your school counselor. Discuss your interest in taking college courses and how it fits in with your overall academic plan and career goals.
- Contact the college or university that you are interested in attending. Each college will have different admissions deadlines and requirements for testing. Stunts are responsible for meeting deadlines.
- By April 1, 2018, notify your school counselor if you intend to participate in College Credit Plus next year by completing and submitting the Intent to Participate form. After April 1, you will need permission from the school principal to participate.
- Nonpublic and home school students must email the Intent to Participate form as noted on the form by April 1, 2018. Parents/students must login to their SAFE accounts to complete the entire application process for College Credit Plus funding before April 13, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
- You and your family should contact colleges for information, application forms, and criteria for acceptance into College Credit Plus. Some materials are available from your high school counselor and at the college’s website. You must go through the procedures established by the colleges/universities to apply to College Credit Plus and to enroll in the course(s). All students must complete an assessment exam to determine eligibility for participation. A map showing all Ohio public colleges can be found here. A map showing Ohio private colleges can be found here.
- Prior to college class attendance, your high school counselor will assist you in determining a course’s equivalency to a high school course(s). Your counselor can use this High School Graduation Requirements Crosswalk document for more information.