Why should you attend our Parent Summit on Prescription and Opioid drug abuse on Monday, October 23rd @ 7:00 PM in the Building A Auditorium? Just read below….
- The United States represents 5% of the world’s population and 75% of prescription drugs taken. 60% of teens who abuse prescription drugs get them free from friends and relatives.
- Nationwide, 23.4% of students had used marijuana one or more times during the 30 days before the survey (i.e., current marijuana use)
- By the time they graduate from high school, about 45 percent of U.S. teens will have tried marijuana at least once in their lifetime. In 2015, nearly 22 percent of high school seniors reported current marijuana use, and 6 percent used marijuana daily.1
- Nationwide, 5.5% of students had used any form of cocaine (e.g., powder, crack,*** or freebase†††) one or more times during their life (i.e., ever used cocaine)
- Several drug overdose deaths and hospitalizations have hit our Dayton Christian family within the last year.
Dayton Christian School
A Parent Summit Series:
Sex, Drugs, and Social Media
October 23 Prescription Drug and Heroin Abuse
November 13 Sex Education and Teens
January 29 Media Wars II and Pornography
February 26 A Law Enforcement Perspective on the Opioid Epidemic
March 26 Bullying and Suicide Prevention
All events will take place in the Building A auditorium at 7 pm. Each topic will be addressed by experts in the field. $100 in gift cards will be awarded at each summit!