The objectives of the Dayton Christian Athletic Boosters Scholarship Program are to:
- Reward outstanding graduating high school seniors for their athletic, academic, spiritual and leadership achievements.
- Provide financial assistance in order that they may accomplish their future baccalaureate educational goals.
- Assist in developing future leaders.
In order to qualify for consideration the Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating DC high school senior.
- Have earned or be in the process of earning a varsity letter for any sport at DC.
- Submit a list of athletic achievements earned while participating in their chosen sport(s), including OHSAA team awards and individual awards and recognition for League, District and State honors, as well as coach awards and recognition.
- Submit a copy of their college acceptance letter, if available.
- Submit Grade point average, SAT or ACT scores and class ranking.
- Submit a list of sport-related leadership activities outside of DC.
- Submit a 250 word essay on how participating in DC sports has affected their spiritual walk.
All athletes meeting the application requirements will be evaluated and scored based on the athletic, academic, spiritual, and leadership achievements provided in the application submission. A selection panel will review all applications received, score each applicant, and make final recommendations to the Athletic Boosters, who will approve the final award winners. The scholarship selection panel will evaluate and score the applications without having knowledge of the applicant’s name.
The Dayton Christian Athletic Boosters will award four (4) scholarships for $500 each. Scholarships will be presented to the students by the president of the Athletic Boosters. Notification of college enrollment will be required before disbursement of the scholarship checks to the recipients.
Submission Deadline – May 8, 2017
No exceptions to this deadline will be allowed. Any applications received incomplete or after this date will not be considered for selection. No faxed applications will be accepted.