February 6, 2017
The Dayton Christian Junior Senior Banquet is May 13, 2017 and the junior class is working diligently to make sure that this will be a fun and enjoyable night for everyone. Prom brings lots of fun, excitement and the big hunt for the perfect dress for the evening. We appreciate the time and energy you put into making your daughter’s dress adhere to the guidelines that have been put into place. The following information is being provided to clarify a few things in regards to when the dress checks will happen, how many dress checks there are and just what they entail.
We have attached a copy of the Dayton Christian Formal Dress Code for you. It would be a good idea for you to review the standards of modesty that DCHS has established as you and your daughter shop for the perfect dress. If you know your daughter’s dress needs altering, please do this prior to the dress checks so we can view as close as possible a finished dress.
There will be five dress checks. They will occur in room B307 immediately after school from 3-4:30pm on the following dates:
Thursday March 9
Tuesday March 14
Thursday March 16
Thursday March 21
Saturday March 25th
Because modesty is essential, only those girls who had their dresses checked by the committee will be allowed to attend the banquet.
A FINAL dress check will be held on Thursday March 30th for those girls who did NOT pass on the first checks. Alterations will be checked and the dress approved for wearing on the night of JS.
If a student has a difficult time meeting these dates please contact Mrs. Filaseta at email@example.com and make her aware of the scheduling problem early on and she will work with you. If a student is bringing an outside female guest they need to contact Mrs. Filaseta to make arrangements for their guest to have their dress checked before March 21st.
Please feel free to come with your daughter to dress checks if you have any questions or need advice on a particular dress.
Dr. David Rough
Superintendent/High School Principal
Dress Code Guidelines
For all attendees including guests
- Modesty, Formal Attire, Event appropriate
- Neckline should be high enough in the front so that no cleavage is visible.
- Back of dress may not be lower than the bottom of the shoulder blades (standard bra line). No low cut back or plunging backs.
- Dresses should not have any cutouts below the necklines or on the sides (lace, netting/tulle or other see-through materials are not acceptable to cover cutouts)
- Flesh tone or form fitting underlays with see through materials as overlays are not acceptable. Example: Lace netting/tulle or other see through materials.
- Dresses should not be extremely tight fitting so that they cling to the body.
- Dresses must have visible straps on dress (No clear straps).
- Spaghetti straps will be allowed but must be SEWN IN prior to dress checks.
- Slip and /or sheer extensions are not considered part of dress length.
- Slits on the dress should not be higher than the top of the knee.
- High Low dresses must come to the top of the knee in the front.
- Halter dresses may be worn as long as they have appropriate neck and back lines.
- One shoulder dresses which meet all other criteria are acceptable.
- Two-piece crop dresses or dresses that show midriff are NOT
- Tuxedo, suit, sport coat, vest
- Pants (no shorts), shirt, tie, dress shoes (NO TENNIS SHOES)
- Pants should fit properly on the hip and not sag below the waistline
- No earrings or visible tattoos
Recommended places to purchase your dress:
Elder Beerman, Dillards, David’s Bridal, Lillian’s Bridal, Bridal & Formal (Cincinnati)