Warrior Parents and Students –
This year Warrior ladies will be required to have their homecoming dress approved prior to the dance in order to be permitted to attend. Below is a list of expectations, dates, and procedures we will be following for dress checks this year.
Please read this carefully so that you are prepared to have your dress checked.
Prior to Dress Check Dates:
- Ladies will be required to sign up for a date and time to have their dresses checked. The sign up sheet will be located on the outside of Mrs. Hunt’s classroom door, C-307. First come, first served. Ladies without appointments will not be able to have their dresses checked that day.
On Dress Check Day:
- Ladies will bring their dresses to Mrs. Hunt’s room, C-307, in the morning before first period begins. The dresses will be stored in Mrs. Hunt’s room during school hours and each dress will be labeled with the student’s name.
- After school ladies will go and change into their dresses in a predetermined room. Please make sure that you are wear the same height of shoes and undergarments that you plan to wear with your dress on homecoming night.
- The dress check committee will check each student’s dress based on the DCHS Formal Dress Guidelines (listed below). If the dress does not meet the approved standards ladies will be required to find another dress or make alterations to their current dress.
- There will be a final dress check for ladies who need to have their dresses checked for a second time ONLY on Thursday, September 22nd from 3:15-4:30 PM. Alterations will be checked at this time to ensure that the dress is approved for homecoming.
- Flesh tone or form fitting underlays with see-through materials as overlays are not acceptable
- Length of the dress must come to the top of the knee
- Dresses must have at least one strap (no clear straps)
- Back of the dress must be no lower than the natural line of your bra strap/bottom of the shoulder blades
- No visible cleavage
- No cut outs below the neck line or on the sides of the dress
- Dresses should not be so tight that they cling to the body
- Slits on the dress should not be higher than the knee
Dress Check Dates:
- Tuesday, September 6th 3:15 – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, September 8th 3:15-4:30 PM
- Monday, September 12th 3:15-4:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 14th 3:15-5 PM
- Thursday, September 15th 3:15 – 5 PM
- Saturday, September 17th 11-1 PM
- Monday, September 19th 3:15 – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, September 22nd 3:15 – 4:30 PM (Altered dresses only)
*Additional times will be offered during lunch by appointment only if necessary due to scheduling conflicts on all of the dates listed above. Please contact Mrs. Hunt at email@example.com to schedule your time.
Please feel free to accompany your daughter to her dress check if you have any questions or need advice on a particular dress!
Gentlemen who plan to bring guests from other schools will need to have their date contact Mrs. Hunt to make arrangements to have their dress checked.
Guests who show up to the dance without having had their dresses checked will not be admitted to the dance.