The Superintendents office has announced the course offerings for the 2016 Summer. They are Speech and Current Social Problems. Classes will begin May 31st and end June 17th. Current Social Problems will take place from 7:45 AM to 12:00 PM and Speech will take place on the same dates from 12:30 PM to 4:45 PM. Please complete the appropriate enrollment form below and return to the High School Office as soon as possible.
MEDICATION NOTIFICATION FROM THE CLINIC
Please be sure to pick up your child’s medication in the clinic by the end of the school year. Students may come at the end of the school day if you so choose. Any non prescription medication not picked up and not expired will be placed in the Teachers stock for their use next year. All prescription medications will still be available for pick up from the elementary office the first two weeks of summer break.
Please note that new paperwork (available on our website) and medication must be renewed each school year (check expiration dates on original bottle).
Help our student athletes through the Way of the Warrior DC Golf Outing & Banquet on Monday, May 23rd!
Enjoy golfing? Eating? Meeting current and former Bengals Players? Supporting DC student-athletes? Bidding on great deals at Silent Auctions? THEN THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU!
On Monday, May 23rd, the DC Athletic Boosters are hosting a Golf Outing at the Golf Country Club Of The North. Current Cincinnati Bengals players Cedric Peerman and Vincent Rey along with former players Anthony Munoz, Jim Breech, Doug Pelfrey, and John Stofa will all be in attendance, and you can bid on the right to golf with them!
There is still room for players as well as those who want to attend the Dinner Banquet/Silent Auction. Golf costs $150/person, and the Dinner Banquet costs $50/person. Registration begins at 11:30 am; Shotgun Start begins at 1:00 pm; Banquet starts at 6:00 pm. You can register to golf as late as the day of the outing, provided there are spaces available. Or just come join in the fun at the Banquet. Sponsorships are always welcomed!
Don’t miss this fun opportunity! It was a blast last year, and all proceeds benefit the DC Sports Teams and Athletic Boosters!
To register, go to www.WOTWgolf.com. Want to be a sponsor or have questions? Call Ken Moyer at 513-602-5376.
2016 Dayton Christian Fine Arts Awards
- Outstanding achievement in Art 1: Noli Garrett
- Outstanding achievement in Art 2: Maria Herman
- Outstanding achievement in Art 3: Lizzie Rahn
- Outstanding achievement in Art 4: Karina Brady, Taylor Skolik
- 4 Year Art Award: Sam Dickerson, Morgan Pook, Karina Brady, Taylor Skolik, Katie Turner
- David Norrod, Emily Golich
- Bezalel Award: Karina Brady
- Outstanding Freshman Instrumentalist: Trinity Rice
- Outstanding Sophomore Instrumentalist: Kara Burton
- Outstanding Junior Instrumentalist: Kwangeon Kim
- Outstanding Senior Instrumentalist: Scott Jackson
- 4 Year Band Award: Matt Kuhn, Scott Jackson, Jacob Haines, Jessica Czyzewski
- John Phillip Sousa Award: Jacob Haines
- Outstanding Freshman Vocalist: Alex Edgerton
- Outstanding Sophomore Vocalist: Luke Elliott
- Outstanding Junior Vocalist: Colin Hurst, Brianna White
- Outstanding Senior Vocalist: Carolyn Herman
- 4 Year Choral Award: Karina Brady, Carolyn Herman
- National School Choral Award: Karina Brady
Combined Music Awards:
- Asaph Award for outstanding musicianship: Carolyn Herman
- Outstanding Dramatic Performance:
- Grace Cox as Ms. Darbus
- Sam Dickerson as Troy Bolton
- Jared Erlandson as Ryan Evans
- Vanessa Gray as Gabriella Montez, Martha Cratchit and Belle
- Colin Hurst as Ebenezer Scrooge
- 4 Year Drama Award: Carolyn Herman
Fine Arts Scholarship Award Winner(s):
- Fine Arts: Karina Brady
Last Friday night, the High School Band performed in the Music in the Parks adjudicated event at Clyde High School near Sandusky Ohio. On Saturday, there was an awards ceremony at Cedar Point for all the groups that performed. The Dayton Christian High School Band received a Superior rating and was ranked 1st out of four groups that performed in Class A. They also received the Best Overall Band trophy for all High School Bands in Class A and AA. There were several Junior High students who played with the group as well so this was a significant achievement for the Band with a wide range of ages and competing against groups from Pennsylvania and Kentucky for judges with impressive resumes.
Congratulations to Mr. Harner and the Band students who competed at this event!
The big day is coming! This is a reminder to all Seniors that all requirements for graduation must be fulfilled by TOMORROW, May 13th, 2016.
- 30 Senior Volunteer Hours
- PE Waiver or PE Credit Submissions
- Passing Grades in all required courses (pending exams)
- Payment of all outstanding fees
- Return of all textbooks (upon completion of exam)
- Return of all athletic uniforms (upon completion of season)
- Completion of all outstanding credit recovery courses (if applicable)
Submission of service hours go to the High School office.
Submission of PE Waivers or PE Credit Reports go to the Guidance office.
Please turn in your college and scholarship summary sheets if you have not done so!
Letters were sent home a few weeks ago listing any outstanding requirements.