This is the week for last chance applications!!!
Come see us in Guidance if you have not yet applied!
Dayton Power & Light and Vectren Energy Leadership Scholarship-$1000 award
*Graduating high school senior
*Residents of Vectren and DP&L service territories
*Members of families who are customers of DP&L for their electrical needs
*Members of families who are customers of Vectren for their natural gas needs
*This scholarship is designed to honor students demonstrating effective leadership skills and energy knowledge throughout their high school careers.
Centerville Noon Optimists-$1500 Award
*Graduation senior that resides in Centerville or Washington Township
*To be enrolled at a college/university offering a two or four year degree
*Plan to major in governmental studies/public service
*Have a strong record of participation in community service activities
*Possess a financial need
Americana Festival, Inc. Scholarship Award Essay-up to $1600 Award
*College, High School or Middle School student
*Resident of Centerville-Washington Township
*Must attend Americana Festival on July 4,2016
The Guidance Department is currently recommending an accelerated timeline for DCHS students to take the ACT or SAT. Many students are registering for College Credit Plus and Dual Enrollment courses on campus as early as the ninth grade. Most colleges will require ACT or SAT scores for admittance. If you are planning on taking a CCP or Dual Enrollment courses we recommend taking the ACT by January of the year you plan to apply for one of these programs. For college applications, we are recommending that Juniors take the test for the first time no later than January of their Junior year and to plan on taking at least three times prior to December of their Senior year.
Students who have enrolled in Dual Enrollment Psychology for next year and have not yet taken the ACT or SAT should register and take one of the upcoming tests listed below.
A free review is currently being provided for you online. Please see details for this at https://wordpress.com/post/dcwarriordaily.com/24416.
Remaining Test Dates:
Late Reg Until
Always ensure that you :
- Sleep well the night before.
- Get a good breakfast the day of.
- Arrive early.
- Take your entrance ticket.
- Have your photo ID with you.
- Take approved pencils and calculator.
If you are considering applying to West Point, US Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Coast Guard Academy, or Merchant Marine Academy you should attending this event! Even if you are as young as a Freshman, you are encouraged to attend.
Hosted by Congressman Michael R. Turner
Saturday, April 23
Centerville High School
9:00 am-12:00 noon.
Representatives from the five United States Service Academies will be on hand to answer questions and speak to the students and parents about the application process. This opportunity is open to all High School students.
The Milton Kantor and Brother’s Scholarship Fund has been established by the family of Milton Kantor. A one-time non-renewable $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to high school seniors towards their freshman year. There may also be a 4-year renewable $2,000 scholarship (total $8,000) awarded to one or more seniors towards their freshman through senior years.
- Be a resident of Montgomery County at least six months prior to the date of application and be a graduate of a Montgomery County high school, or passed the GED with a composite score of 540 or higher during the current academic year.
- Demonstrate merit through academic success with at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be accepted to and attend a four-year accredited institution of higher education as a full-time student.
For more information see the attached application.
Attention all senior varsity athletes! The Dayton Christian Athletic Boosters scholarship applications are now available in Mrs. Reynolds’ office. Complete applications should be submitted to the athletics office by April 15, 2016.
Dear Senior Parent:
Once again, the Dayton Christian High School Yearbook is offering an opportunity for parents to honor their senior son or daughter with a yearbook ad. Ad prices and maximum number of recommended photos are as follows:
- ¼ page (5 inches X 4 inches) $75 (no more than 2 pictures)
- ½ page (5 inches X 7 inches) $150 (no more than 4 pictures)
- Full page (9 inches X 7 inches) $200 (no more than 8 pictures)
Some details to consider:
- You may either send pictures and/or copy and we will design your ad, or you may design your ad on computer and send a finished hard copy and the disk. You can also drop off your pictures to the high school office .
- All Pictures must be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- If you have questions, feel free to e-mail Mrs. Filaseta at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 937-291-7298.
- Photographs/disks will be returned when the book comes out next year.
- Payment is due at the time of ordering the ad; check or money order is required. Make checks payable to Dayton Christian High School Yearbook. DO NOT SEND CASH.
The deadline to reserve an ad space is May 13th, 2016.
Send the enclosed order form and payment to:
Dayton Christian High School Yearbook
9391 Washington Church Rd
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
Attention: Laura Filaseta
You may refer to previous yearbooks for ideas. Ads will be printed in color. Families may also share ads.
Thanks for your interest and support!