The revised due date is May 31. They have extended the deadline due to being late in getting out the announcement for the application season. See previous post for details.
Requirements for Applicants and Scholarship Information
In addition to completing the application, financial disclosure form and attaching samples of your writing, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must attach their high school transcript(s) to their application. They must have at least a “B” average (3.0 accumulative) for grades 9, 10 and 11, and, when available, the first half of grade 12.
- Applicants must reside in and attend a high school, either public or private, in Montgomery, Shelby, Greene, Miami, Preble, Darke, Butler or Warren Counties.
- SAT and/or ACT scores, if available, should be included with the application.
- Applicants should also detail their involvement in high school or community newspapers, yearbooks, newsletters, or other publications. Samples of published work should be included. Limit sample material to six (6) items. If the applicant has no published work, representative samples of classroom writing must be submitted.
- Each applicant should submit at least two (2) references with supporting letters addressing the applicant’s scholarship, leadership, and service to the school and community.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 31. Any application received with a late postmark or upload time will not be considered.
- Family members of employees of Cox Media Group Ohio or any other Cox-Owned property are ineligible to compete for the scholarship.
- Financial need of the applicant, while not the sole criterion, will weigh in determining the winner.
- The Si Burick Journalism Scholarship is for one year and is not renewable. The amount of the scholarship is a maximum of $2,000 and is payable only to the college the winner attends. Scholarship funds will not be accruable and must be used toward first-year tuition and expenses.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
Dear Senior Parent:
Once again, the Dayton Christian High School Yearbook is offering an opportunity for parents to honor their senior son or daughter with a yearbook ad. Ad prices and maximum number of recommended photos are as follows:
¼ page (5 inches X 4 inches) $75 (no more than 2 pictures)
½ page (5 inches X 7 inches) $150 (no more than 4 pictures)
Full page (9 inches X 7 inches) $200 (no more than 8 pictures)
Some details to consider:
- You may either send pictures and/or copy and we will design your ad, or you may design your ad on computer and send a finished hard copy and the disk. You can also drop off your pictures to the high school office .
- All Pictures must be in .jpg/.jpeg format.
- If you have questions, feel free to e-mail Mrs. Filaseta at email@example.com or call at 937-291-7298.
- Photographs/disks will be returned when the book comes out next year.
- Payment is due at the time of ordering the ad; check or money order is required. Make checks payable to Dayton Christian High School Yearbook. DO NOT SEND CASH.
The deadline to reserve an ad space is May 13th, 2016.
Send the enclosed order form and payment to:
Dayton Christian High School Yearbook
9391 Washington Church Rd
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342
Attention: Laura Filaseta
You may refer to previous yearbooks for ideas. Ads will be printed in color. Families may also share ads.
Thanks for your interest and support!
Disappointment in the lives of our children is so hard for us, as parents. And yet these difficult moments are powerful opportunities to teach our children and to come alongside of them to listen and support. Often our role is not to eliminate the disappointment but to guide our children through the hurt and to allow them to learn life lessons in the midst of the storm. In the following edition of the ACSI Christian School Comment the author, Dr. Barrett Mosbacker, encourages us to raise our children to have spiritual and mental toughness (James 1:2-4). Check it out!
You only have two more chances to catch the action. High School Musical opened tonight to a packed house and will continue to please a full house for two more nights. Don’t miss it!
Friday and Saturday at Finkelman Auditorium on the campus of Miami University Middletown (4200 N. University Boulevard, Middletown, OH 45042).
Doors open at 7. Showtime is 7:30. General Admission tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for students (suggested donation). A limited number of reserved tickets are available at the middle school office until Friday, April 22 at 4:00 p.m. Reserved seats will not be sold at the door. Bring your whole family to see this wonderful show.
Make sure to come out for one of our DHCS Theater Department’s production of “High School Musical” April 21-23. Forty-seven of our high school students will be singing and dancing their way through this tenth anniversary production of the show at Finkelman Auditorium on the campus of Miami University Middletown (4200 N. University Boulevard, Middletown, OH 45042).
Doors open at 7. Showtime is 7:30. General Admission tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for students (suggested donation). A limited number of reserved tickets are available at the middle school office until Friday, April 22 at 4:00 p.m. Reserved seats will not be sold at the door. Bring your whole family to see this wonderful show