Steps for Nonpublic School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for nonpublic school students to let the Ohio Department of Education know they want to participate in College Credit Plus next school year, so time is critical. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL STEPS AND PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO STEP 2 IF YOU ARE TAKING SIGN LANGUAGE OR PSYCHOLOGY FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT ON DC CAMPUS NEXT YEAR.
STEP 1 – LEARN MORE ABOUT COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS AND COMPLETE YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELING REQUIREMENT
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at email@example.com. or via email at
Complete the School Counseling Requirement before March 31.
- Contact your student’s school counselor for this information.
STEP 2 – SUBMIT YOUR LETTER OF INTENT
If your child wishes to participate, email a signed letter of intent anytime between Feb. 15 – April 1 to CCPIntentLetter@education.ohio.gov. Please CC or BCC firstname.lastname@example.org when you send your letter of intent so we can be aware of upcoming needs to mail your transcript. You can download the letter of intent here. Note: Students must declare their intent to participate, even if they participated last year.
- Once you have emailed your intent letter, contact or check the websites of participating colleges in your area. All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college’s admission letter.(See Step 3.)
- If you are taking Sign Language on DC Campus for Dual Enrollment you must apply to Sinclair CCP. https://sinclair.hobsonsradius.com/ssc/aform/x67028C8lA70x6700lzs.ssc
- If you are taking Pychology on DC Campus for Dual Enrollment you must apply to Mount Vernon Nazarene. http://www.gotomvnu.com/dualenrollment/application.php
STEP 3 – SUBMIT YOUR COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS FUNDING APPLICATION
- NEW FOR 2016– To enhance data security, all parents are required to establish a SAFE Account before their student can apply for funding. You can create an account at anytime between Feb 15 – April 8. A summer session has been added this year. These sessions can start as early as May, so don’t delay in establishing your SAFE account. | SAFE Account Sign-up Instructions
- Anytime between Feb 25 – April 8, you can log in to your SAFE Account and apply for College Credit Plus Funding to cover your child’s tuition costs.
STEP 4 – RECEIVE YOUR AWARD LETTER AND REGISTER FOR COLLEGE CLASSES
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in yourSAFE Account before May 15.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.