Feb. 15 – April 1: Submit Letter of Intent
Feb. 15 – April 8: Sign-up for a SAFE Account
Before March 31: Complete School Counseling Requirement (CCP meeting held on Feb 1 or meeting with counselor)
Feb. 25 – April 8: Apply for funding
Before May 15: Funding award notifications sent
Great news for nonpublic school families! Ohio’s College Credit Plus gives students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities. Tuition is free if your student takes classes at a public college. There may be modest fees for private college credit.
All public colleges and certain private colleges in Ohio are participating.
Ohio has never offered your child a better start on a college education. A College Credit Plus student enjoys the opportunity to pursue more challenging classes and explore college interests sooner. Your child can earn anywhere from a few college credits to more than a year’s worth while still in high school. College Credit Plus can reduce your child’s time in college and greatly reduce your family’s higher education costs.
Steps for Nonpublic School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for nonpublic school students to let the Ohio Department of Education know they want to participate in College Credit Plus next school year, so time is critical.
STEP 1 – LEARN MORE ABOUT COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS AND COMPLETE YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELING REQUIREMENT
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at (877) 644-6338 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the School Counseling Requirement before March 31.
- Contact your student’s school counselor for this information.
STEP 2 – SUBMIT YOUR LETTER OF INTENT
If your child wishes to participate, email a signed letter of intent anytime between Feb. 15 – April 1 to CCPIntentLetter@education.ohio.gov. You can download the letter of intent here. Note: Students must declare their intent to participate, even if they participated last year.
- Once you have emailed your intent letter, contact or check the websites of participating colleges in your area. All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college’s admission letter.(See Step 3.)
STEP 3 – SUBMIT YOUR COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS FUNDING APPLICATION
- NEW FOR 2016– To enhance data security, all parents are required to establish a SAFE Account before their student can apply for funding. You can create an account at anytime between Feb 15 – April 8. A summer session has been added this year. These sessions can start as early as May, so don’t delay in establishing your SAFE account. | SAFE Account Sign-up Instructions
- Anytime between Feb 25 – April 8, you can log in to your SAFE Account and apply for College Credit Plus Funding to cover your child’s tuition costs.
STEP 4 – RECEIVE YOUR AWARD LETTER AND REGISTER FOR COLLEGE CLASSES
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in yourSAFE Account before May 15.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.