Reminder for Dress Checks for Junior Senior
The first dress check will be held this Thursday, February 25th after school from 3-4:30pm. This will occur in room B307 immediately after school.
The girls will bring up their dresses in the morning and meet Mrs. Filaseta outside of her Room B307. The dresses will be stored in a locked room during the school hours and each dress will be labeled with the student’s name.
After school the girls will go and change into their dresses in a pre determined room. Please make sure that they have the same height shoes and undergarments that they will be wearing with their dress the night of JS.
The dress check committee with check your daughters dress based on the Updated Dress Code Guidelines attached to this reminder.
Please feel free to come with your daughter to dress checks if you have any questions or need advice on a particular dress.
Prom is April 16th at The Newport Aquarium. Tickets will be sold week of March 12th.
Mrs. Laura Filaseta
Dress Code Guidelines
For all attendees including guests
- Modesty, Formal Attire, Event appropriate
- Neckline should be high enough in the front so that no cleavage is visible.
- Back of dress may not be lower than the bottom of the shoulder blades (standard bra line). No low cut back or plunging backs.
- Dresses should not have any cutouts below the necklines or on the sides (lace, netting/tulle or other see-through materials are not acceptable to cover cutouts)
- Flesh tone or form fitting underlays with see through materials as overlays are not acceptable. Example: Lace netting/tulle or other see through materials.
- Dresses should not be extremely tight fitting so that they cling to the body.
- Dresses must have visible straps on dress (No clear straps).
- Spaghetti straps will be allowed but must be SEWN IN prior to dress checks.
- Slip and /or sheer extensions are not considered part of dress length.
- Slits on the dress should not be higher than the top of the knee.
- High Low dresses must come to the top of the knee in the front.
- Halter dresses may be worn as long as they have appropriate neck and back lines.0.
- One shoulder dresses which meet all other criteria are acceptable.
- Two-piece crop dresses or dresses that show midriff are NOT
- Tuxedo, suit, sport coat, vest
- Pants (no shorts), shirt, tie, dress shoes (NO TENNIS SHOES)
- Pants should fit properly on the hip and not sag below the waistline
- No earrings or visible tattoos
Recommended places to purchase your dress:
Elder Beerman , Dillards , David’s Bridal, Lillian’s Bridal, Bridal & Formal (Cincinnati)