Warrior Parents and Students –
This year we will be requiring dress checks prior to the homecoming dance in order to be admitted to the dance. Below is a list of expectations, dates, and procedures we will be following for dress checks this year. Please read this carefully so that you are prepared to have your dress checked.
Girls will bring their dresses to Mrs. Hunt’s room, C-307, in the morning before first period begins. The dresses will be stored in a locked room during school hours and each dress will be labeled with the student’s name.
After school girls will go and change into their dresses in a predetermined room. Please make sure that you bring the same height of shoes and undergarments that you plan to wear with your dress on homecoming night.
The dress check committee will check each student’s dress based on the DCHS Formal Dress Guidelines. If the dress does not meet the approved standards, there will be a final dress check for these girls ONLY on Tuesday, September 22nd from 3:30-5 PM. Alterations will be checked at this time to ensure that the dress is approved for homecoming.
- Flesh tone or form fitting underlays with see-through materials as overlays are not acceptable
- Length of the dress must come to the top of the knee
- Dresses must have at least one strap (no clear straps)
- Back of the dress must be no lower than the natural line of your bra strap
- No visible cleavage
- No cut outs below the neck line or on the sides of the dress
- Dresses should not be so tight that they cling to the body
- Slits on the dress should not be higher than the knee
Dress Check Dates:
- Thursday, September 3rd 3:15-4:30 PM
- Tuesday, September 8th 3:15-4:30 PM
- Thursday September 10th 3:15-4:30 PM
- Saturday, September 12th 11-1 PM
- Monday, September 14th 3:15-4:30 PM
- Wednesday, September 16th 3:15-5 PM
- Saturday September 19th 11-1 PM
*Additional times will be offered during lunch by appointment only if necessary due to scheduling conflicts on all of the dates listed above. Please contact Mrs. Hunt at email@example.com to schedule your time.
Please feel free to come with your daughter to her dress check if you have any questions or need advice on a particular dress!
Gentlemen who plan to bring guests from other schools will need to have their date contact me to make arrangements to have their dress checked.
Guests who show up to the dance without having had their dresses checked will not be admitted to the dance.
Mrs. Sara Hunt