- What mission hours are.
- Hours required each year.
- How to login into x2Vol (Must be from student account)
- How to search for volunteer opportunities
- How to log hours
- Summer Class Challenge!
This Friday, May 18th, our seniors and some underclassmen will be recognized with important academic, leadership, and athletic awards. Parents of students being recognized are welcome to attend.
The following are awards to be presented…..
Recognition of Seniors and Future Plans and Scholarships Awarded
You Can Count on Me McAfee
Honda-Ohio State University Math Medal
LaSertoma Youth Service
Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Ambassador
Boys State /Girls State
Fine Arts Awards
- 4 Year Awards
- Outstanding Student in each area
- Special Awards
Athletic College Scholarships
- 4 Year
- Athletic Boosters Scholarship
- Kingdom Community Foundations
- Shield Award
- Rebecca Winslow Spirit Award
Golden Warrior Award – Three season athletes with A/B Honor Roll
4.0 GPA Seniors
All A/B Seniors
Graduation with Distinction
Process for arriving late or leaving early on exam days.
- Students may arrive later to school if they do not have an exam scheduled for the first exam period of the day. Late arrivals should not come to school any earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Students will not be permitted late entry to an exam and will have to make-up the exam by June 1st if they arrive after exam start time.
- Students may sign out after their exams are completed for the day. Students must bring a note (signed by a parent) to the High School office each day during the sign-out time between exams. Students that remain at the school for lunch and the afternoon study sessions will be expected to follow the schedule for the day and report to their classes. We need a note for our records of a student’s early dismissal each day.
- Here are the arrival/exit windows for each day of exams so as to not cause disruption.
- 7:30am to 8:15am
- 10:30am to 10:45am
- 12:45pm to 1:00pm
- 3:00pm regular dismissal
- No early dismissals from an exam
- Once the exam period has started, whether the exam is completed or not, students cannot leave early. Please schedule all appointments around the exam times. Our desire is to provide an environment that facilitates the least amount of disruption.
Missing an exam
- If a student misses an exam for any reason (sickness, vacation, etc), they will need to work with the teacher/office to make up the exam by June 1st. Students must take the initiative to schedule this make-up exam with their teacher/office.
- Teachers will be collecting cell phones for the duration of the exam time. In the same way cell phones are not permitted for standardized testing (AP, ACT, etc.) students will not be permitted to access their cell phones during the exam period. If parents have an urgent message to give to a student, please call the high school office at 937-291-7285 and we will relay the message.
We wanted to let you know that there is less than two weeks away until the deadline for our Scholarship Fund! As a reminder, the Anthony Muñoz Foundation presents multiple $20,000 college scholarships to graduating high school seniors in the Tri-State area looking to achieve their dream of continuing their education at a local college or university. Below you will find additional information on this scholarship, as well as another scholarship opportunity!
The Scholarship Fund is application based, and we ask that seniors send us the following information:
- Scholarship application form
- Personal Essay
- Acceptance letter from intended college or university
- High school transcript
- Current financial information for family (Student Aid Report)
Do you know seniors that may be interested in applying? If so, please encourage them to submit an application! The Scholarship Fund applications must be received by end of the day May 1st, 2018.
We also wanted to inform you on another great scholarship opportunity! Every year, 4031 Ministries awards one male and one female with a scholarship of equal amount. This year the scholarship is worth $4,031 each. For more information, please visit their website.
Uniform & Apparel Market
Do you have gently used uniforms or other DC apparel items that your children no longer fit into or need?
If so, we have a solution…The DC Uniform and Apparel Market.
Who: Elementary – High School
When: Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Where: DC Cafeteria
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
** This is a cash only sale **
This event is run like a “Mom’s Market.” Each seller is responsible for setting up, pricing, and selling their uniform items. Clothes need to be in good shape (no holes, stains, etc.). Tables will be provided.
** Clothing donations are not accepted. **
Interested sellers must RSVP to Tiffany Ogburn by July 1st.
Email your RSVP to: email@example.com.
(Please include your name and phone number when you RSVP.)
Tomorrow, April 13, is the deadline to submit your request for funding hours via the SAFE account with ODE. Please ensure that you have hit the Submit button before the end of the deadline! If you were unable to complete this application, your student will still be able to take classes for Dual Enrollment but will need to pay out of pocket. More information is available in the “College Credit Plus” topic in the Dayton Christian High School community page on DC Connect.
“Nonpublic and home school students must email the Intent to Participate form as noted on the form by April 1, 2018. Parents/students must login to their SAFE accounts to complete the entire application process for College Credit Plus funding before April 13, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.”